Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ten Days and a Bowl of Cheerios!!!

Well it's been a frenzied couple of weeks! I have gone through all my belongings, giving away what I didn't need, and throwing away what wasn't worth giving away. It's kinda weird to think about, but I look around and the sum of my life life is in 600lbs packed in 5 boxes and 1 duffel lol! It looks like I will be departing the great state of Connecticut January 28, 2012 1055 AM EST, and arriving at my new home, Alaska on the same day at 1009 PM Alaska Standard Time. It has come faster than I realized! I have 4 boxes and 1 duffel packed, the last box I need to buy and more packing tape! I am going to try to send a blanket and pillow by mail, since I just won't have the room to pack it. Unfortunately, American Airlines loves to nickel and dime you to death. They are charging $350 per box, so to add another box at their rates wouldn't be economically smart. The blanket has alot of sentimental value, and my pillow...I'm attached to my pillow lol! Well there will be more to come soon, this next week will be a flurry of activity!

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck on your trip. Will be interested on how it goes and your settling into a new home. Is the area where you are going the reciprient of lots of snow? Take care...blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ms. CottonLady, I don't know about Delta Junction's past weather history, but I do know that it has been well under 30 below zero for the past month and the current snowfall amount on the ground is 20 inches. I will be posting pictures and writing about my activities as time progresses. Thank you for reading.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete