Saturday, February 4, 2012

Meet My New Daughter Gracie Lee!!!

Good Day Everyone,

It is a brisk 20 below zero, but believe it or not, I am already used to it and I don't need many layers on to be comfortable. When I got here Saturday, it was 60 below and stayed there for several days. It took about 3 days for my cabin to warm up enough so I didn't see my breath anymore. A bright spot in this dark cold winter is my new daughter Gracie Lee!!! She is a Karelian Bear Dog

, females are 19-21" at the withers, and weigh about 50-60 lbs. The males are a little bigger. Don't be fooled though, the KBD is known for its courage for taking on large prey animals, especially in defense of it's owner. It is fiercely loyal to just a few people, but not unsociable to others. Gracie was born 3 weeks ago today, so she just recently opened her eyes. Her momma is comfortable with me now, so I can reach in and grab her when I want. Well until next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girl!!! The white blaze and paws,she will be a beautiful adult. Glad you are there safe and sound. Keep us filled in on your adjustment to Alaska and all your experiences.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete