Friday, December 9, 2011

A Small Dent in My Gear List

Well this blog is off to a slow start, but hey, I promise it will get exciting as we move forward. I have been corresponding with a couple of families that live up in the bush of Alaska. They have been a valuable resource for alot of the things that I would've never thought of! Well, so far this is what I have procured: An Alaska Gazetteer, very valuable! An Outdoor Research Polartec Fleece Balaclava, Military Gen III ECWCS Level 3 Fleece Jacket. For those of you who don't know, the military has an extreme cold weather system that allows the soldier to use layers to attain protection down to -50F degrees. ECWCS stands for Extended Cold Weather Clothing System, it is design to utilize some of the layers by themselves, depending on the outside temperature.

I plan on buying gear to utilize this system. Continuing onward! A set of Mechanix coyote Gloves, Renegade Pro Series Neoprene Ice Fishing Gloves, 6 pairs of 71% merino wool polar extreme thermal boot socks, 2 pair of Fox River cold weather mid-calf wool boot socks, XTRATUFF rubber insulated plain toe knee boots, Princeton TEC Apex Extreme LED Headlamp, Polartec Coyote colored Fleece hat, Polartec silk weight power dry long underwear and shirt, and a military ACU 3 piece modular sleep system, which will keep me warm down to -40F degrees! I also took a more serious step and made a purchase from "The Snare Shop" It is an awesome place for those that trap or want to learn how! They have tutorials and a ton of trapping gear at great prices! Well, so far that's it, I will add more as I develop my plans and move forward!
God Bless

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Hello,

    I came across your blog while doing research for a tv production company. We are developing a show and it's still in the very early stages, and right now we are castings our nets far and wide looking for characters. Here is the official casting notice:

    Raw TV, the makers of the hit shows Gold Rush and Locked Up Abroad, are searching for individuals to feature as part of a new series for a major cable television network. Do you have the spirit of an American pioneer? Are you fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you and your family and friends ever talk about leaving society we know it, leaving it all behind and building a new world off the grid,with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and would be willing to share them with a national TV audience we would love to talk to you.

    If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living out on the frontier, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to

    casting@rawtelevision.co.uk


    If this interests you, please respond to the above email address.

    Thank you,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the long comment, I can't find your email address on the site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mayor,

    I'm sorry for the delayed reply, this is all new to me. I have seen enough action and everything that needs to be seen. I have proven myself to other people and to myself many times over, so I have nothing to prove. I really don't want to be put into a show that pits me against other people in a depriving, purposely insidious situation. It doesn't appeal to me. I can't see how a show like this can accurately portray what we are doing out here. I am coming out to leave society, to find myself again and peace. I have an idea that this show will not afford me any of those things, so I respectfully decline. Thank you and have a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeff, nice to see you are off to a good start. TV people yuk. I erased your comment on my blog by mistake, please resend.

    AlaskaJohn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John, I resent the comment I posted LOL! I think I remembered everything I wrote before!

    ReplyDelete