Friday, December 30, 2011

So Much To Do!!!

I feel overwhelmed! There is so much to do and I truly don't know where to begin. I have done a couple of the most unsavory things. I tackled the collection of crap I have accrued under my bed! That was at one time a demilitarized zone, in the future, just DMZ! I went in there and went through everything, not many things escaped the garbage bag. For each item, I had to think, do I need this? What will I use it for? Where will I put it if I take it with me? Like I said not many things made it. I do have a soft spot for books. There will always be a need and use for books. I feel that most of my shipping weight wil be taken up by books LOL! After the under the bed DMZ was tackled, I went in to the worst DMZ area, "The Closet" I cannot fathom how in the hell I procured so much crap! There were things in there I forgot I had! I put out so many trash bags, I lost count. I did put a huge dent in that project, but not done yet! I have one box that is a tangle of coax cable, category 5 cable, power cords, telephone line, you name it, it's in that box! I need to figure out what I'm going to use for boxes to pack my stuff in? What I'm going to try and do is build a pallet of boxes to ship to Alaska. I want to take one pallet and stack in an, efficient manner, those boxes up to about 4 feet high. A normal pallet is 40" X 48" and in this case stacked to 4 or 5 feet high. My plan is to get everything I want to bring into those boxes, then plastic wrap them several times to keep them stable and unable to shift in transit. If anyone has any experience in using boxes for for long distance shipping, I would sure appreciate it! Everyone have a blessed and safe New Years!!!

God Bless

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment