Thursday, December 22, 2011

Waaagggonnnnsss.......West!

Well Folks,

Here I thought that this blog was going to have a year or more of boring posts with gear updates and different thoughts. I have to say, that's not going to be the case! My new family is assisting me in getting things together to make the move possibly, as early as March 2012! Putting this into perspective...I have 2 months to throw out crap, thin out my belongings, and freight the rest to Alaska! I still need to get some gear before I leave. I just emailed an awesome knifemaker I know here in Connecticut, I asked him if he would make me a drop point hunting knife. I need to buy a hunting knife and a caping knife. I also need to get a set of those Carhartt Arctic quilted bibs and the Arctic quilted Jacket. I will be wearing clothes underneath, so they recommend a few sizes higher, so I figure a 44 waist and 34 length for the bib. Here is the "Bib" I was looking at the jackets, and I guess there is a difference lol! A "Coat" is long and hangs lower than your waist, while a "Jacket" hangs at your waist. Hmmmm...learn something everyday...I'll store that somewhere in my brain! I figure an Extra Large Arctic Quilted Jacket will accompany the bib, and here is the "Jacket" I might also throw in an Arctic quilted hood to round out the set! Here is the "Hood" I also need to pick up some of the black Banta Mickey Mouse boots. Well there is more to come soon!!! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment